Digg For Newbies

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Who Am I?

As a Social Media Marketer it is important to know who you are in your online business.

Today I want to talk about the importance of knowing who you are in social media. Online or off, at home or at work the more you know yourself the easier it is for others to find you and relate to you.

Initially I came online almost a year ago to learn about the uses of social media in marketing a business. I came to learn a new skill set to get me where I wanted to go. I was fresh out of enlightened warrior training camp, which was all about acting in spite of fear. It was more inner personal development work than about building a business plan. Having already done a few of these same sorts of seminars I had learned that my outside world is a reflection of my inside world.

I was following the Social Traffic training course with Simon U Ford. With each new platform we covered in the profile set up he was constant on the importance of clarity of purpose message and image. Keeping the message consistent so that people can recognize you across the web whether that be with your name, profile pic. or keyword phrase descriptions. It came down to knowing who you are.

Several weeks into the course we were asked to answer publicly in the facebook Social Traffic group in these 3 questions:

  1. Who am I?

  2. Who am I not?

  3. Who am I 3-5 years from now?

Up until this point there was such a huge technical learning curve that for me it was more a time struggle than anything else. This was the first exercise that had me frazzled. In fact it was the first exercise that was intimate. I had to be authentic and be public about it. There was no turning back. I was unnerved and did not know if I would meet the homework requirements. I had come so far and was pissed off that this exercise would be the one to take me out. It pushed me the way some of the personal development programs did so how hard could it be.

Aaron Huey, a warrior trainer I have had the opportunity of working with recently put out a great video addressing just this.




He may push it a little further than what you may have wanted but I can promise you that there is no avoiding having to work these questions.

Even online, authenticity will be sniffed out. As Aaron Huey says, it takes time, courage, support and accountability. Doing Social Traffic's 10 week training course provides the perfect online training grounds for just that. The more you hone in on it the easier it will get. Check it out here if you want--->Social Traffic~Cracking The Code.

So who are you? Come meet Aaron Huey this Wednesday.


No comments:

Post a Comment